Xu Cuiping, PhD, Professor, Chief Nurse
Vice President of Shandong Qianfoshan Hospital
No. 16766, Jingshi Road
Jinan City, Shandong Province
Research Interests: Hospital management
Academic advisor for Master's students: Yes
Academic advisor for PhD students: No
1985-1989 Bachelor in Nursing, Shandong Medical University
2003-2005 Master in Nursing, Shandong University
2006-2009 PhD in Nursing, Shandong University of Traditional Chinese Medicine
2002-2003 Visiting scholar, Osaka University, Japan
1989-1998 Nurse and Head Nurse (1994) in Shandong Qianfoshan Hospital
1998-2003 Supervisor Nurse and Head Nurse in Shandong Qianfoshan Hospital
2004-2008 Associate Director Nurse and Vice Minister of Human Resources Department in Shandong Qianfoshan Hospital
2008-2016 Director Nurse, Minister of Human Resources Department and Assistant President of Hospital that administer the nursing department in Shandong Qianfoshan Hospital
2016-2017 Chief of nursing department in Shandong Qianfoshan Hospital
2017- Vice President and Part-time Chief of nursing department in Shandong Qianfoshan Hospital
Description of Research and Teaching
Throughout her career, Xu Cuiping’s research has broadly focused on health promotion for persons with chronic illness and human caring. Within that philosophical perspective and umbrella, she conducts research on the concepts of self-efficacy, physical activity, symptom management, quality of life for persons with cancer, human caring and the use of information technology and health informatics. Her current research project is titled “Constructing a nursing staff's physique health evaluation system based on health management medical big data analysis”. Qiao Jianhong, Li Yunfeng, Zhang Shuxiang, Zhang Hongyu, co-investigators.
She teaches courses Nursing Management , Advanced Nursing Practice, Evidence-based Nursing and Introduction to Nursing in Shandong University. Her philosophy of nursing education is based on the theory of human caring. Helping students develop as clinical-decision makers that have foundations in integrity, critical thinking, and respect for others. Teaching at the baccalaureate and graduate level, the students are being prepared to enter the workforce as generalists. It is important to assist them to not only gain the knowledge and clinical competency required as a nurse but to help them develop the values that make nursing one of the most trusted professionals. She attempts to be a role model and encourage students to become lifelong learners as nursing is an ever changing field.
She views herself as a fellow traveler on a journey of discovery. She has once said that in her 30+ years of academic travels, students have enlightened her repeatedly. The opportunity to awaken curiosity, stimulate ideas, challenge thinking, encourage dreams, and inspire -- these are the privileges of a teacher-student relationship.
Currently, one area of Xu Cuiping’s research involves through literature and expert consultation methods, re-recognize the connotation and extension of sub-health, determine the critical point of risk rating, and use the big data analysis to investigate the physical health status of nursing staff in the past 10 years based on the hospital health management platform and then analyze and introduce the analytic hierarchy process to comprehensively evaluate the physical health of nursing staff. Introduce the concept of health risk grading and early warning based on the level of physique health status of nursing staff in the past 10 years. With the concept of health management as the guiding ideology, the fuzzy mathematics method is used to determine the comprehensive evaluation model of physique health of nursing staff. Taking the expert system structure as the main part, the software engineering method is used to construct the nursing staff's physical fitness evaluation system, and its monitoring, evaluation and health promotion decision support functions are exerted.
Journal Articles (First Author)
(1) C. P. Xu, J. Xie, N. Liang, J. R . Wang, L. L. Qiao, H. Luo, J. X. Zhang, J. D. Zhang. Concurrent involved-feld radiotherapy and XELOX in gastric cancer patients with postoperative oligometastatic recurrence[J]. Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics, 2014, 10 Suppl:267-271.
(2) C. P. Xu, X. J. Xue, N. Liang, D. G. Xu, F. J. Liu, X. S. Yu, J. D. Zhang. Effect of chemoradiotherapy and neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy in resectable pancreatic cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis[J]. Journal of Cancer Research and Clinical Oncology, 2014, 140(4):549-559.
(3) C. P. Xu, Q. J. Zhu, J. Song, Z. Li, D. Zhang. Acceleration of J ingui Shenqi Pill on the Testis Telomerase Activity in Mice of Shen-yang Deficiency[J]. Chinese Journal of Integrated Traditional and Western Medicine, 2013, 33(2):252-255.
Journal Articles (Corresponding Author)
(1) Yan-Bo Ji, Chun-Lu Bo, Xiu-Juan Xue, En-Ming Weng, Guang- Chao Gao, Bei-Bei Dai, Kai-Wen Ding, and Cui-Ping Xu. Association of Inflammatory Cytokines With the Symptom Cluster of Pain, Fatigue, Depression, and Sleep Disturbance in Chinese Patients With Cancer,J Pain Symptom Manage,2017, 54(6):843-852.
(2) Xu Ze jun, Xu Cuiping, Ge Hongxia, Li Yan, Chu Liangliang, Zhang Jie, Cheng Kelin. Modified Dachengqitang decoction improves decreased gastrointestinal motility in postoperative esophageal cancer patients, Journal of traditional Chinese medicine, 2015 , 35(3):249- 54.
(3) X. J. Xue, Q. Gao, J. H. Qiao, J. Zhang, C. P. Xu, J. Liu. Red and processed meat consumption and the risk of lung cancer:a dose- response meta-analysis of 33 published studies, International Journal of clinical and experimentaltal Medicine, 2014, 7(6): 1542-53.
(4) S. X. Zhang, S. Yang, C. Q. Xu, R. P. Hou, C. Z. Zhang, C. P. Xu. Equivocal Association of RAD51 Polymorphisms with Risk of Esophageal Squamous Cell Carcinoma in a Chinese Population, Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, 2014, 15(2):763-7.
(5)J. Zhang, C. P. Xu, H. X. Wu, X. J. Xue, Z. J. Xu, Y. Li, Q. Gao, Q. Z. Liu. Comparative study of the influence of diabetes distress and depression on treatment adherence in Chinese patients with type 2 diabetes:a cross-sectional survey in the People’s Republic of China, Neuropsychiatric Disease and Treatment, 2013, 9(9)：1289-94.
(6) Zou Zhenya, Liu Wei, Xu Cuiping Application research progress on virtual reality technology for patients with mild cognitive impairment[J]. Nursing Research, 2019, 33(06): 989-991.
(7) Zou Zhenya, Liu Wei, Xu Cuiping , et al. Systematic evaluation of the effect of virtual reality on cognitive intervention in patients with mild cognitive impairment[J]. Chinese Journal of Practical Nursing, 2019, 35(8): 622-626.
(8) Dai Beibei, Qiao Jianhong, Sun Feifei, Bo Chunlu, Ding Kaiwen, Su Wei, Xu Cuiping Analysis of psychological resilience level and its influencing factors inpatients of postpartum pelvic floor dysfunction[J]. Chinese Journal of Practical Nursing, 2018, 34(8):590-595.
(9) Liu Ranran, Ding Kaiwen, Bo Chunlu, Dai Beibe, Zhai Jing, Li Yuanyuan, Zhang Qi, Xu Cuiping. Effect of nursing intervention on women with overactive bladder:a systematic review[J]. Chinese Journal of Practical Nursing, 2018, 34(12):917-920.
(10) Gao Guangchao, Ji Yanbo, Liu Cong, Sun Feifei, Yu Xiaoxia, Xu Cuiping.Research progress on fatigue situation of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease[J]. Chinese Nursing Research, 2017,31(30):3763-7.
(11) Dai Beibei, Bo Chunlu, Xu Cuiping, et al. Research progress on fatigue situation of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease[J]. Chinese Journal of Practical Nursing, 2017, 33(32): 2557-9.
(12) Ding Kaiwen, Qiao Jianhong, Xu Cuiping, et al. Research progress of patient classification system at home and abroad[J]. Journal of Nursing Management, 2017, 17(9): 637-9.
(13) Bo Chunlu, Su Wei, Xu Cuiping , et al. A review and mechanism analysis on the traditional risk factors of cardiovascular disease in adults[J].Chinese Journal of Practical Nursing,2017,33(21):1669-1673.
(14) Ding Kaiwen, Qiao Jianhong, Xu Cuiping , et al. Research progress on nursing performance evalution based on RBRVS evaluation system[J]. Nursing Research, 2017, 31(23): 2821-3.
(15) Ding Kaiwen, Qiao Jianhong, Xu Cuiping , et al. Practice of human caring in nursing [J]. Journal of Nursing Science, 2017, 32(14): 65-8.
(16) Ji Yanbo, Liu Hongmei, Xu Cuiping , et al. Fatigue in patients receiving maintenance dialysis: a review of influence factors andinterventions[J]. Chinese Journal of Practical Nursing, 2017, (9): 717-720.
(17) Ji Yanbo, Li Na, Xu Cuiping , et al. Relationships among symptom distress,psychological resilience,and positive emotions in cancer patients[J]. Nursing Research, 2017, 31(10): 1193-7.
(18) Gao Guangchao, Ji Yanbo, Xu Cuiping , et al. Analysis of psychological resilience level and its influencing factors in cancer patients[J].Chinese Nursing Research,2016,30(12):4263-7.
(19) Ji Yanbo, Xu Cuiping , Yu Xiaoxia, et al. The mediating role of psychological elasticity in the relationship between active response and fatigue in patients with cancer[J].Chinese Practical Nursing, 2016,32(23):1809-1813.
(20) Gao Guangchao, Xu Cuiping , Sun Feifei, et al. Quantitative analysis of literatures related to cancer-related fatigue in breast cancer patients [J]. Journal of Nurses Training, 2016, 31(13): 1208-1210.
(21) Ji Yanbo, Xu Cuiping, Sun Feifei, et al. A systematic review of the mechanisms and influence factors of cancer related fatigue[J]. Chinese Journal of Practical Nursing, 2016,32(16):1276-1280.
(22) Zheng Peipei, Zhao Hong, Xu Cuiping , et al. Experience of self-management in heart transplant recipients [J]. Journal of Nursing Science, 2015, 30 (22): 88-90.
(23) Yao Wei, Shen Shiyu, Xu Cuiping , et al. Study on correlation between psychological resilience and mental health of patients with renal transplantation[J]. Nursing Research, 2015.29(11): 4068-4070.
(24) Zhang Hui, Xu Cuiping , Cheng Yanxi, et al. Status quo of compassion fatigue of nurses in ICU and its influencing factors analysis[J].Chinese Nursing Research,2014,28(9B):3242-3.
(25) Zhang Hui, Xu Cuiping , Cheng Yanzhen, et al. Review of family satisfaction witn care in the Intensive Care Unit[J]. China Nursing Management, 2014, 14(4): 381-3.
(26) Zhang Hui, Xu Cuiping , Xue Xiujuan, et al. Impact of compassion fatigue on professional identity in Intensive Care Unit nurses[J]. China Nursing Management, 2014.3, 14(3): 246-8.
(27) Zhang Hui, Xu Cuiping , Cheng Yanzhen, et al. The Quantified Assessment Indicator System for Employed Pharmacist in General Hospital of Shandong Province[J]. China Health Quality Management, 2014, 5(5): 96-9.
(28) Cheng Yanzhen, Xu Cuiping , Ji Hong et al. Reliability and validity of the Chinese version Successful Aging Inventory[J]. Chinese Journal of Practical Nursing, 2014, 30 (16): 22-24.
(29) Cheng Yanzhen, Xu Cuiping , Zhang Hui, et al. Research progress on assessment tools of qual ity of life of maintenance hemodialysis patients[J]. Nursing Research, 2014, 28 (4): 1296-8.
(30) Qiao Jianhong, Dong Wenxia, Xu Cuiping , et al. Research progress on female pelvic floor dysfunction[J].Chinese Journal of Practical Nursing,2014,30(11):68-9.
(31)Gao Qing, Xu Cuiping , Guo Xinfang, et al. A qualitative study on authenticity feelings of patients in high quality nursing service wards[J]. General Nursing, 2014, 12 (3): 264-6.
(1) Humanistic Nursing - Educational Practice, People's Health Publishing House, Xu Cuiping, edited by Qiao Jianhong, 2011.07, 674 thousand words.
(2)humanistic care - etiquette and norms, People's Health Publishing House, Xu Cuiping, 2017.6, 94 thousand words.
(3)the nurse must read, People's Military Medical Publishing House, Xu Cuiping, Qiao Jianhong, Zhou Bingxia, 2015.5, 244 thousand words.
(4)Practical Nursing of Digestive Diseases, Jilin Science and Technology Press, Zhao Junyan, Xu Cuiping, Yan Hong, Chi Yuhui, editor, 2011.8, 510 thousand words.
(5) clinical emergency critical care, China Medical Science and Technology Press, Wang Xiaojun, Xu Cuiping editor, 2011.10, 422 thousand words.
(6) clinical nursing skills, Military Medical Science Press Beijing, Cao Yunfang, Xu Cuiping, Xing Aihong editor, 2006.8, 246 thousand words.
(7) modern emergency nursing, Zhonghua Book Company, Cao Yunfang, Xing Aihong, Xu Cuiping, editor Su Xiuzhen, 2005.11, 200 thousand words.
Honors and Awards
2018, Construction of Specific Evaluation System for Cancer-related Fatigue and Research on Its Key Biological Indicators, the Second Prize of Shandong Medical Science and Technology, the First Author, Shandong Medical Science and Technology Award Award Committee
2018, China Nurses Voluntary Contribution Award, China Nightingale Voluntary Nursing Service Corps
2017, Chinese Nursing Society "Outstanding Nursing Workers", Chinese Nursing Association
2017, the First Prize for Excellent Organizations of the National Forum on Nursing Management Reform and Innovation of the Chinese Nursing Society, Academic Department of Chinese Nursing Association
2017, Research on Care Ability, Influencing Factors and Intervention of Medical Staff under the New Medical Reform, the Third Prize of Shandong Medical Science and Technology, the First Author, Shandong Medical Science and Technology Award Committee
2016, Compound Dachengqi Decoction promotes observation and nursing of gastrointestinal motility after esophageal cancer surgery; application of limited field radiotherapy combined with oxaliplatin chemotherapy in patients with oligometastasis and recurrence after gastrointestinal cancer surgery; relationship between consumption of red meat, processed meat and risk of lung cancer: dose response meta-analysis of 33 studies, Shandong Natural Science Academic Innovation Award, Shandong Science and Technology Association
2016, Director of National Excellent Nursing Department, China Nursing Management Magazine
2015, Study on the Effect of Monosodium Glutamate on Diabetes Mellitus and its Mechanism, the Second Prize of Shandong Medical Science and Technology, the First Author, Shandong Medical Science and Technology Award Committee
2015, Director of Excellent Teaching and Research Department of Qianfoshan Hospital, Shandong Province, Qianfoshan Hospital
2014, Advanced Person in Practical Teaching Management, Binzhou Medical College
2014, Study on Human Resource Allocation and Quality Improvement of Unaccompanied Wards, the Second Prize of Shandong Medical Science and Technology, the First Author, Shandong Medical Science and Technology Award Committee
2012, Clinical and Basic Research on "Lung Rehabilitation" in the Treatment of Non-small Cell Lung Cancer, the Second Prize of Shandong Science and Technology of Traditional Chinese Medicine, the First Author, Shandong Science and Technology of Traditional Chinese Medicine Award Committee
2018.06 Chairman of Committee, the First Logistics Committee of Shandong Hospital Quality Management Alliance
2018.04 Member, Special Committee of Nursing Management, Chinese Nursing Society
2018.04 Editorial Committee, Chinese Journal of Nursing, 5-year term
2018.03 Editorial Committee, Reviewing Expert, Chinese Journal of Nursing
2018.01 Vice President, China Medical and Nursing Integration Alliance
2017.12, Director, the 27th Board of the Chinese Nursing Society
2017.08 Expert Member, Expert Steering Committee of China Telemedicine Health Alliance (2017-2018)
2017.03 Vice Chairman, Professional Committee of Nursing Management, Shandong Hospital Association
2017.03 Standing Member, Hospital Total Quality Management and Quality Control Branch of Shandong Medical Association
2017.03 Vice Chairman, Nursing Group, Member of Shandong Hospital Quality Management Alliance
2016.11 Member, the Second Professional Committee of Nursing Management of China Hospital Association
2016.09 Director, the First Nursing Branch of China Research Hospital Society
2016.07 Vice President, Quality of Life Research Branch, Chinese Society of Traditional Chinese Medicine Information
2016.07 Reviewing Expert, Chinese Journal of Practical Nursing
2016.07 Review Expert, Qilu Medical Journal
2016.05 Vice Chairman, the First Medical Nursing Branch of Shandong Gerontological Society
2016.04 Member, the First Professional Committee of Patient Safety Management of Shandong Hospital Association
2015.10 Member, the 4th Editorial Committee of the Chinese Journal of Nursing Management, 4-year term
2015.09 Vice President, the 6th Council of Shandong Nursing Society
2015.05 Executive Director, the 6th council of Shandong nursing society
2015.05 Director of the institute, Institute of Clinical Nursing, Qianfoshan Hospital, School of Nursing, Shandong University
2014.12 Vice Chairman, the First Rehabilitation Nursing Branch of Shandong Rehabilitation Medical Association, 3-year term
2014.11 Vice Chairman, Expert Committee of Shandong Nursing Quality Control Center
2014.10 Executive Director, Vice President, the First Council of Nursing Ethics Society of Shandong Medical Ethics Society, with a term of five years.
2014.05 Member, Steering Committee of Nursing Specialty Construction of Shandong Medical College, with a five-year appointment
2013.12 Vice Chairman, the 6th Professional Committee of Nursing Education of Shandong Nursing Society
2013.10 Chairman of Committee, the First Professional Committee of Nursing Human Resources Management of Shandong Nursing Society
2011.11 Member, the Second Human Resources Committee of Shandong Hospital Association