Bai, Xiaohui, Associate Professor
Shandong Provincial Hospital affiliated to Shandong University
Research Interests: Hereditary deafness
Academic advisor for Master's students: Yes
Academic advisor for PhD students: No
1998-2003 Bachelor in Medicine, Shandong University
2003-2009 PhD in Medicine, Shandong University
2009-present Associate Professor, Shandong Provincial Hospital
Description of Research and Teaching
1.Research of the mechanism of hereditary deafness gene
2.Research of Cartilage injury and repair
2017/01-2020/12 The function and mechanism of POU4F3 gene in the auditory system of Zebrafish using the CRISPR-Cas9 (PI)
National Natural Sciences Fund
1.Bai XH, Wang DW, Luan Y, Yu XP, Liu CJ. Regulation of chondrocyte differentiation by ADAMTS-12 metalloproteinase depends on its enzymatic activity. Cell Mol Life Sci 2009;66(4):667-80.
2.Bai XH, Wang DW, Kong L, Zhang Y, Luan Y, Kobayashi T, Kronenberg HM, Yu XP, Liu CJ. ADAMTS-7, a direct target of PTHrP, adversely regulates endochondral bone growth by associating with and inactivating GEP growth factor. Mol Cell Biol 2009;29(15):4201-19.
3. Zhang F, Xu L, Xiao Y, Li J, Bai X, Wang H. Three MYO15A Mutations Identified in One Chinese Family with Autosomal Recessive Nonsyndromic Hearing Loss. Neural Plast. 2018 Apr 5;2018:5898025. (co-corresponding Author)
4. Luo J, Bai X, Zhang F, Xiao Y, Gu L, Han Y, Fan Z, Li J, Xu L, Wang H. Prevalence of Mutations in Deafness-Causing Genes in Cochlear Implanted Patients with Profound Nonsyndromic Sensorineural Hearing Loss in Shandong Province, China. Ann Hum Genet. 2017;81(6):258-266. (co-first author)
5.Bai X, Zhang C, Chen A, Liu W, Li J, Sun Q, Wang H. Protective Effect of Edaravone on Glutamate-Induced Neurotoxicity in Spiral Ganglion Neurons. Neural Plast. 2016;2016:4034218.
6. Zhang C, Wang M, Xiao Y, Zhang F, Zhou Y, Li J, Zheng Q, Bai X, Wang H. A Novel Nonsense Mutation of POU4F3 Gene Causes Autosomal Dominant Hearing Loss. Neural Plast. 2016;2016:1512831.(co-corresponding Author)
7. Wang M, Zhang F, Xu L, Xiao Y, Li J, Fan Z, Sun Q, Bai X, Wang H. Novel compound heterozygous mutations in SLC26A4 gene in a Chinese Han family with enlarged vestibular aqueduct. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2016 Nov;90:170-174. (co-corresponding Author)
8. Zhang F, Xiao Y, Xu L, Zhang X, Zhang G, Li J, Lv H, Bai X, Wang H. Mutation Analysis of the Common Deafness Genes in Patients with Nonsyndromic Hearing Loss in Linyi by SNPscan Assay. Biomed Res Int. 2016;2016:1302914. (co-corresponding Author)
9. Zhang F, Bai X, Xiao Y, Zhang X, Zhang G, Li J, Xu L, Wang H. Identification of a novel mutation in SLC26A4 gene in a Chinese family with enlarged vestibular aqueduct syndrome. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2016 Jun;85:75-9. (co-first author)
10. Ma Y, Xiao Y, Zhang F, Han Y, Li J, Xu L, Bai X, Wang H. Novel compound heterozygous mutations in MYO7A gene associated with autosomal recessive sensorineural hearing loss in a Chinese family. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2016 Apr;83:179-85. (co-corresponding Author)
11. Xiao Y, Luo J, Zhang F, Li J, Han Y, Zhang D, Wang M, Ma Y, Xu L, Bai X, Wang H. A novel mutation in PAX3 associated with Waardenburg syndrome type I in a Chinese family. Acta Otolaryngol. 2016;136(5):439-45. (co-corresponding Author)
12.Bai XH, Wang DW, Ji HZ, Zheng L, Lu Y, Tang W, Zhang HY, Xu W, Li JF, Fei ZQ, Wang HB: RbAp48 is Critical for the Proliferation of Hypopharyngeal Carcinoma. ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec. 2015;77(5):310-9.
13.Bai X, Lv H, Zhang F, Liu J, Fan Z, Xu L, Han Y, Chai R, Li J, Wang H. Identification of a novel missense mutation in the WFS1 gene as a cause of autosomal dominant nonsyndromic sensorineural hearing loss in all-frequencies. Am J Med Genet A. 2014;164A(12):3052-60.
14. Yan W, Li J, Chai R, Guo W, Xu L, Han Y, Bai X, Wang H. Combining Use of Captopril and Losartan Attenuates the Progress of Streptococcus pneumoniae-Induced Tympanosclerosis through the Suppression of TGF-β1 Expression. PLoS One. 2014;31;9(10):e111620.(co-corresponding Author)
15. Sheykholeslami K, Thimmappa V, Nava C, Bai X, Yu H, Zheng T, Zhang Z, Li SL, Liu S, Zheng QY. A new mutation of the Atoh1 gene in mice with normal life span allows anaylysis of inner ear and cerebellar phenotype in aging. PLoS One. 2013;8(11):e79791.(co-first author)
16. Wang D, Bai X, Tian Q, Lai Y, Lin EA, Shi Y, Mu X, Feng JQ, Carlson CS, Liu CJ. GEP constitutes a negative feedback loop with MyoD and acts as a novel mediator in controlling skeletal muscle differentiation. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2012;69(11):1855-73.(co-first author)
17. Guo W, Bai X, Han Y, Xu L, Liu W, Zhang G, Li J, Fan Z, Wang H. Expressions of TGF-β1 and MMP-9 in a guinea pig model of tympanosclerosis: Possible role in the pathogenesis of this disorder. Laryngoscope. 2012;122(9):2037-42. (co-first author)
Visiting Scholar, New York University, USA
Visiting Scholar, Case Western Reserve University, USA
Member of the Medical Care Branch of the Shandong Institute of Gerontology
Member of the Auditory Research Group of the Chinese Society of Medical Promotion